It has come to our attention that most of us in the gym try anything and everything to avoid running in the classes. Today we will go through the benefits of running and why we should stop avoiding this exercise and try being more motivated to do them in AND outside of the gym.
• Not only does running have physical benefits, it helps us mentally too!! Running is great to clear your mind and also improves your mood, reduces feelings of depression, anxiety and stress.
• Running helps with weight loss. An average 30-minute jog can burn anywhere from 200-400 calories depending on your running pace.
• Running controls your blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol levels and is linked to help lower the risk of heart disease and stroke.
• Running increases bone density, bone strength and bone stability.
• Running is great after a leg workout and requires NO equipment. It’s beneficial to your leg muscles including your inner and outer thighs, glutes, quads, hamstrings and calves.
• Running is necessary for building up core strength. Running not only targets your abdominals but also the deeper core muscles, including your obliques, erector spinae, and transverse abdominis. These deep muscles play important roles stabalising your spine, transferring power between your swinging arms and legs while you run.
Most importantly, running is a great way to socialise with friends. Running doesn’t always mean you have to run at an Olympic pace or try to beat the person next to you. Grab a friend head to the beach or a nice park, enjoy each other’s company and scenery while going for a pleasurable jog.
We know this can be a daunting time. You’re probably wondering if we really are the right fit for each other. And it’s OK! Many people before you, have felt the same, and that’s why we want to offer you something special – our $29 Health Check.
Let’s work out together to see if we’re the right fit. Just hit the button below to let me know if you’re ready to see what’s included.