The ‘Summer Slam’ is a month long training program + food restriction plan that runs from Monday October 2nd until Sunday November 5th. Joining the challenge includes:
- ‘Challenge Survival Guide’ (a ‘Get Started’/’How to’ document, all the rules, vouchers for the scans and t-shirts, challenge sign-off sheet, details of the training ‘extras’ etc all in a plastic sleeve).
- 7-day eating ‘plan’ (including recipes)
- 2x Body Scans at Round 1 Fitness.
- Videos of the Summer Slam workouts.
- Access to a Summer Slam Facebook group for recipe sharing, Q+A etc.
- A unique “SUMMER SLAM” t-shirt (optional!)
The cost of participation is $60 to participate or $80 to participate and receive a Summer Slam Challenge t-shirt.
How do I Register for the Summer Slam?
All participants must sign-up to the Summer Slam challenge via the Round 1 portal:
SUMMER SLAM REGISTRATION
Included on the registration site are options for people who are not members of the gym to sign-up for the challenge AND a 1-month gym membership that would enable them to participate. The cost options for non-members wanting to participate in the challenge is $180.
When can I do my Body Scans?
Initial InBody 570 Body Scans will be done from 7am-12pm on Sunday, October 1st. Final Body Scans will be performed on Sunday November 5th during the same time-window (7am-12pm). Please remember that you must not have exercised before your Body Scan. A ‘booking sheet’ for the Body Scans will be available in the gym for ONE WEEK prior to the scans in order to help prevent long waiting times.
If you are unable to attend the gym during the designated scanning ‘times’, you must arrange a time to have your scan completed via email. Any scans conducted outside of the ‘scanning day’ will be subject to an additional charge of $5.
What are the Diet Rules?
The following list details the DIET RULES for the ‘SUMMER SLAM’ challenge.
- No Sugar. This means no sweeteners of ANY kind – natural or artificial. It means no maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, coconut sugar, Splenda, Equal, Nutrasweet, xylitol, stevia, etc. Read your food lables, because companies sneak sugar into products in ways you might not recognize. You may EAT fruit but you cannot use fruit juice/cook with fruit as it is then acting as a sweetener…
- No Bread OR Pasta. No Bread. No crackers, mountain bread, Turkish Bread, Foccacia’s, wraps, cracker bread, cracker biscuits…you get the idea. No bread or bread substitutes at all. Likewise, no pasta means NO PASTA.
- No Alcohol. No alcohol. NONE. Not even for cooking.
- Cheat Days. The “SUMMER SLAM” challenge includes provision for 2x CHEAT days where you are able to eat/drink outside of the challenge rules. These must be noted on your challenge sign-off sheet.
What are the Training Rules?
The following list details the Training Rules for the 2017 ‘Summer Slam’ challenge.
You must complete TWENTY (20) group training sessions at Round 1 Fitness throughout the challenge. You can choose ANY of the classes on the time-table (Boxing, B+ Boxing, Body Work, Beginners or TANKS) to make up your classes – you can do double sessions (if you must), you can do 8 sessions one week and 2 the next (or however YOU want to split them up)…Whilst our advice would be to get to at least THREE (3) sessions each week, we understand you will commitments that might mean being a little flexible…do whatever you have to in order to make the challenge WORK FOR YOU! At the conclusion of each session, the trainer who conducted the class needs to sign your Challenge Tracking Sheet.
- Summer Slam Workouts.
Each WEEK (weeks start on MONDAY for the purposes of the challenge) you will be required to complete THREE (3) “SUMMER SLAM” Workouts in addition to your classes. Each workout has been designed to take around 15-minutes to complete and can be done ‘whenever’ YOU like! Before class? Fine. After class? Fine. Come in on a separate day and do all three? It is completely up to you. You are not required to have a trainer ‘sign-off’ your challenges – you do need to record the time taken to complete the challenge/day completed as appropriate. Full VIDEOS of the Summer Slam Workouts will be available on the Round 1 Fitness YouTube channel prior to the commencement of the challenge.
There are a number of rules (detailed in your challenge booklet) relating to arriving late for a class, not completing your food ‘records’, forgetting to bring your challenge folder to the gym, late signatures etc. Any incurred penalty must be completed within 7-days of it being incurred. Please note that the penalties are intended to be a ‘FUN’ reminder to stay on track – they aren’t a personal attack…if you cop a few extra calories on the assault bike, well, it is only going to benefit you!
What if I have other Questions?
Any questions can be asked via email to email@example.com.
To sign-up / register for the challenge please go to the SUMMER SLAM Registration Page.